PRODUCT DESCRIPTION SISAL-Cotton SB-4 Ventilating Disc | 400 mm
With the universal SB-4 pre-polishing discs, steel and non-ferrous metals in particular are effectively pre-polished on the polishing block. The sisal fabric covered with cotton fabric is less abrasive compared to a pure sisal trimming. SB-4 pre-polishing discs are therefore suitable for fine grinding and pre-polishing all steels and non-ferrous metals in just one operation. This creates a silky-matt surface that is ideal for subsequent polishing steps. Such surfaces are often further processed without additional surface finishing.
- Four layers of sisal fabric sewn tightly with cotton on both sides and secured with a steel ring
- Security stitching to a phenolic resin-reinforced hardboard core
- Individually calibrated for low-vibration concentricity and a smooth polishing finish
- Diameter 400 mm, thickness (core) approx. 25 mm
- Freely selectable bores 10 - 65 mm
- Polishing tool for the stationary polishing stand
- Vmax = 45 m/s, Umax = 2,100 min-1
Sisal is a natural product from global cultivation areas that is obtained from specific agave species. Like other natural fibers, sisal is extremely resistant to physical and chemical stress. Mechanically, sisal is also very tough, has high tensile strength and high rigidity. This means that sisal can be used in particular for pre-polishing metals and especially steel.
EICKELIT sisal-nettle composite polishing tools use particularly long-fibre sisal types with a dense plain weave. The sisal fabric, which is twisted at a 45° angle, is first covered on both sides with light cotton nettle and then fixed with fine cotton yarn at a seam distance of approx. 10 mm. This carefully manufactured sisal nettle composite material is then used in the different variants of the EICKELIT SB-X polishing tools.
- We manufacture your desired bore individually for you and thus cover every bore diameter known to us for standard industrial polishing machines *
- If you need other bore diameters or special adapters (e.g. for hexagonal shafts, with keyways, etc.), we will be happy to produce them on request **
* Polishing discs drilled individually at the customer's request are non-prefabricated goods and cannot be exchanged or returned (Terms of Revocation)
** Observe safety regulations for the minimum diameter of drive shafts!