PRODUCT DESCRIPTION SISAL-Cotton SB-4 Ventilating Disc | 350mm
SB-4 is a universal pre-polishing tool for effective surface treatment of steel and non-ferrous metals on the polishing block. Compared to the more abrasive, pure sisal trimmings, SB-4 discs are less aggressive due to the cotton insert and therefore enable fine grinding and pre-polishing of all steels and non-ferrous metals in just one operation. SB-4 polishing discs provide matt to silky shiny surfaces, which are often processed further without additional surface finishing, especially in industrial practice.
- Four layers of sisal fabric sewn tightly with cotton on both sides and secured with a steel ring
- Security stitching to a phenolic resin-reinforced hardboard core
- Individually calibrated for low-vibration concentricity and a smooth polishing finish
- Diameter 350 mm, thickness (core) approx. 25 mm
- Freely selectable bores 10 - 65 mm
- Polishing tool for the stationary polishing stand
- Vmax = 45 m/s, Umax = 2,500 min-1
Sisal is obtained from specific agave species in global cultivation areas. Similar to other natural fibers, sisal fibers are very resistant to physical and chemical stress. Sisal is also very tough, has high tensile strength and is also characterized by its high rigidity. Sisal is therefore particularly suitable for pre-polishing metals and especially steel.
For our sisal-nettle composite polishing tools, we use a particularly long-fiber sisal with a dense plain weave. The sisal fabric, which is twisted at a 45° angle, is first covered on both sides with light cotton netting and fixed with a fine cotton thread at a seam distance of approx. 10 mm. This carefully manufactured sisal nettle composite material is further processed in the diverse variants of the EICKELIT SB-X polishing tools.
- We manufacture your desired bore individually for you and thus cover every bore diameter known to us for standard industrial polishing machines *
- If you need other bore diameters or special adapters (e.g. for hexagonal shafts, with keyways, etc.), we will be happy to produce them on request **
* Polishing discs drilled individually at the customer's request are non-prefabricated goods and cannot be exchanged or returned (Terms of Revocation)
** Observe safety regulations for the minimum diameter of drive shafts!