Polishing set "complete" Varnishes & Plastics | 7 parts for angle grinder | M14 adapter | 150 mm
150 mm | 14 mm bore
Contents: polishing discs | compounds | adapter M14
cut-buffing | high-gloss | super-finish
Polishing-kit "complete" for Plastics & Varnishes | angle grinders | 150 mm
Seven-piece complete polishing-kit with M14 adapter for plastics and varnished surfaces, especially for hand-held polishing machines or angle grinders with M14 mount. This polishing-kit reliably delivers a flawless transparency and shiny finish on carefully ground surfaces in three coordinated polishing steps.
- Cut-buffing disc KONSTANT N16, Diameter 150 mm, customizable bore
- High-Gloss buffing wheel EFFEKTA X-1 "Seamless", flannell FM230, Diameter 150 mm, customizable bore
- Super-Finish buffing wheel EFFEKTA X-1 "Seamless", super-soft flannell FM209, Diameter 150 mm, customizable bore
- Vmax = 40 m/s, Umax = 5.100 1/min
- Pre-Polishing Compound "Heavy Cut" Menzerna GW18 (ca. 1,1 kg)
- Finish Polishing Compound for plastics & varnishes Menzerna GW16 (ca. 1,3 kg)
- Super Finish Compound for Metals and Polymers Menzerna P175 (ca. 1,35 kg)
- M14 mandrel for angle grinders, maximum disc thickness: approx. 50 mm, 1 flat nut M14 left-hand thread / approx. 70 mm diameter, 1 flange 2 x 14 x 70 mm
- Wear protective equipment and follow safety regulations!
- Roughen the polishing discs before use using a suitable dressing tool
- Wet rotating tool sparingly with polishing paste
- Measure the pressure carefully! Too high contact pressure and/or too low speeds lead to overheating of the workpiece with uneven surfaces that can no longer be improved by polishing!
- Set your polishing drive to the correct speed. You determine this based on the cutting speeds suitable for your polishing project and the wheel diameter you are using.
Step 1 - Pre-polishing
- The evenly sanded and cleaned surface crosswise with the cut-buffing disc KONSTANT N16 together with Menzerna GW18 quickly pre-polish on lacquer and thermoset surfaces at approx. 20-25 m/s (2,600 - 3,200 rpm), on thermoplastic workpieces at approx. 10 -15 m/s (1,300 - 1,900 rpm) until an even, satin-matt surface without scratches and grooves is achieved on the workpiece
- After polishing, clean the surface of abrasion and paste residues with a dry, soft and lint-free cloth. If necessary, degrease the workpiece with a tenside solution
Step 2 - High Gloss
- The evenly pre-polished and cleaned surface in cross passes with buffing wheel EFFEKTA FM230 together with Menzerna GW16 on lacquer and thermoset surfaces at approx. 20-25 m/s (2,600 - 3,200 rpm), on thermoplastic workpieces at approx. 10 -15 m/s (1,300 - 1,900 rpm) quickly polish to a high gloss
- After polishing, clean the surface with a dry, soft, lint-free cloth. If necessary, degrease the workpiece with a tenside solution
Step 3 - Superfinish
- The clean, high-gloss polished surface is achieved with the EFFEKTA FM209 super finish polishing disc and Menzerna P175 on lacquer and thermoset surfaces at approx. 20-25 m/s (2,600 - 3,200 rpm), on thermoplastic workpieces at approx. 10 -15 m/s (1,300 - 1,900 rpm) quickly in cross passes until the desired mirror finish is achieved
- The Super Finish Paste P175 only leaves an invisible microfilm on the flawless surface. To protect this surface, one usually avoids mechanical cleaning after superfinishing